Guardians of the Geekery is joined this week by Darin Kennedy, Doctor by Day and Novelist by Night! Darin discusses the release of his first novel, The Mussorgsky Riddle, and joins us as we discuss movies, TV shows, books and more on this week’s podcast. To find out more about Darin, visit his website at www.darinkennedy.com
This episode, we discuss the following:
- The Mussorgsky Riddle and Darin’s book signing on January 10th (2PM – 4 PM ) at Park Road Books
- The Doctor Who Christmas Special
- Agent Carter
- Agents of SHIELD
- Ant-Man (teaser trailer below!)
- Casting News: Gambit (Channing Tatum) and Ghost in the Shell (Scarlett Johannsen)
- BlackHat with Chris Helmsworth (make sure to check the Charlotte Geeks’ Facebook page for advanced screening passes!)
- Downtown Abbey Ladies playing Cards Against Humanity (see below for the video!)
- Into the Woods (the movie vs. the play)
- Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix
- Not My Father’s Son by Alan Cumming
- 2015 Geekmas poem winner announced!
- Benedict Cumberbatch’s baby name options
Things to Note:
- I think we actually did a family-friendly episode – someone must have put out a swear jar.
- Carol the Cat loves doing air quotes but she doesn’t actually scream at deaf people.
- Gambit (aka Remy LeBeau ) was played by Taylor Kitsch in X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
- Henry (Hank) Pym was the original Ant-Man, Pimm’s Cup is the official drink of Wimbledon. Based on the difference in spelling, we are pretty sure Hank did not create the drink.
- Clint Eastwood really was in a musical! The video is below if you dare.
- The language Giddygeeker was speaking was not Elvish, but Sims 3 – because she was playing a lot of it over the holidays.
- If you don’t know who Bobby Darin is – we posted a video of him below – check it out!
Videos to Prove It’s Real!
The Ant-Man Teaser Trailer
Downtown Abbey Ladies Playing Cards Against Humanity
Clint Eastwood Singing!
Bobby Darin and Mack the Knife