Episode 146! The Guardians hung out with Melissa McArthur, Alexandra Christian and Jason Gilbert as we discuss this week’s news and views. Make sure to check out their new anthology Curious Incidents: More Improbable Adventures released earlier this year by Mocha Memoirs Press.
Tonight’s Topics Included:
- Dancing with the Stars
- Grace & Frankie
- NBC pulls Powerless from schedule
- Possible writer’s strike
- The Tick debut date revealed
- The Void
- Avengers: Infinity War news
- Comic book movie schedule released
- Glass will be out in January 2019
- Jeff Goldblum joins Jurassic World sequel
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle Trailer
- New Mutants, Deadpool 2, Dark Phoenix get release dates
- Star Wars and Indiana Jones get release dates
Books & Comics
- Stan Lee inducted into White Castle Hall of Fame
- New Community Calendar on CharlotteGeeks.com – check it out here!
- Sonnet & Haiku Weekend Contest starts!
- RavenCon in Williamsburg, VA
- John Waters hosting adult summer camp
- RIP: Erin Moran (and Scott Baio being a jerk)
- RIP: Jonathan Demme
About Melissa McArthur
Melissa McArthur is a master swordswoman, a world-renowned traveler, and lover of all things bookish. Only one of these things is actually true. When she isn’t saving the world, one word at a time, she’s usually lecturing her university students on parenthetical citations or torturing authors with her red pen.
No matter what the capacity—editor, author, teacher—Melissa is utterly fascinated by books and words. She believes that there’s something magical about holding a book in your hand and watching as the words disappear and the story unfolds before your eyes. Melissa can often be found hiding in the deep corners of the library or at home with her laptop and cat. Website!
About Alexandra Christian
Alexandra Christian is an author of mostly romance with a speculative slant. Her love of Stephen King and sweet tea has flavored her fiction with a Southern Gothic sensibility that reeks of Spanish moss and deep fried eccentricity. Her alter-ego, A.C. Thompson, is also the editor of the highly successful Improbable Adventures of Sherlock Holmes series of anthologies from Mocha Memoirs Press.
A self-proclaimed “Southern Belle from Hell,” Lexx is a native South Carolinian who lives with an epileptic wiener dog and her husband, author Tally Johnson. Questions, comments and complaints are most welcome at her website:
About Jason Gilbert
Jason writes Steampunk-Urban fantasy, horror, and alternative history that is drenched in clockworks and tech. He’s the author of the Rifle Chronicles, a Steampunk/SciFi Western series, and is published in anthologies such as Curious Incidents and We Are Not This as one of the Carolina Writers for Equality. He’s also the man behind Fail-Flix, a site dedicated to reviewing the best of the worst that cinema has to offer! Website!
Originally recorded 04/26/2017