Episode 153! David and Chris from Shakespeare Carolina hang out as we discuss what we saw, heard and did with geeky passion this past week. Be sure to check out their upcoming appearances at ConCarolinas along with their summer performance of Macbeth which opens on June 22 and runs through July 1st.
Tonight’s Topics Included:
- Doctor Who – Extremis
- Last Man on Earth
- The Goldbergs
- Twin Peaks
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Dark Crystal prequel series coming to Netflix
- Supernatural plans Scooby-Doo Crossover
- Game of Thrones Trailer
- Alien: Covenant
- Black Lightning Trailer
- Last Jedi cast/news featured in Vanity Fair
- Nathan Fillion was cut from GOTG Vol. 2
- Spiderman trailer
- Star Trek trailer doesn’t feature enough white people
- Tom Hardy cast as Venom
- Zach Snyder is replaced by Joss Whedon on Justice League
Books & Comics
- Redacted makes a shocking return in Secret Empire #2
- Star Wars: Rogue One – Cassian & K-2SO Special #1
- New Community Calendar on CharlotteGeeks.com – check it out here!
- RIP: Roger Moore
- RIP: Lisa Spoonauer (“Clerks”)
About Shakespeare Carolina
This is Shakespeare Carolina’s 20th season performing classical theatre with a twist. Our productions are never typically the puffy pants and stockings shows. We have set many Shakespeare, Moliere, Greek tragedies, and other traditional productions in different settings reflecting a new perspective on an old story. Our Macbeth has more of a dystopian feel instead of kilted actors (sorry ladies). Directed by Artistic Director, Chris O’Neill, with Fight choreography by Charles Holmes, of Feint and Parry, with an original score, written and performed by Jill O’Neill, and guest artists, TBA. We also pride ourselves on being a color-blind, gender bending company that casts according to strong talent and not just outward appearance. I’ve worked with Shakespeare Carolina for a number of years by acting, multi-media, stage managing, as well as sword fighting. Jack of all trades. I also own a production company were I’ve collaborated with some of the Shakespeare Carolina company to create films and photography opportunities.
- Dates: Jun 22 – Jul 1, 2017
- Where: Duke Energy Theater in Spirit Square
- Tickets: Available starting 6/1/17. $20 adults/$10 students (with ID) – Group rates available!
CLICK HERE TO BUY NOW
- Synopsis: It’s Macbeth-expect blood, magic conjuring, and sword fighting. The Sword fighting will feature the largest sword we have in our arsenal – “The Meter Maid” thus named because it is a meter long. In short- it’s a big f*cking sword.
On The Interwebz
Facebook: Shakespeare Carolina
Originally recorded 05/24/2017