Episode 9: Who’s Lucky
John Dondero and Garrett Mooneyhan of 13th Floor EFX joins us this week. They are busy working on their new fan film, Doctor Who: Lucky 13. (See the fan trailer below). You can find them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/DoctorWholucky13 or https://www.facebook.com/13thfloorEFX with more timey wimey wibbley wobbley information somewhere.
This week’s contest is for a 13th Floor EFX prize pack including t-shirts and DVDs all in their own personal tote bag. The question: What kind of new Doctor Who baddie should they introduce in the series? Please note, this could be a new race of bad, or just a new bad super power they have to battle. Post your suggestion on Facebook, or email us at email@example.com. The deadline is Wednesday, February 18th before 6 PM. We will choose a winner from all the entries and announce them on our 10th episode! Congrats to Mike Toohey for winning our Cinebarre passes from episode 8!
This episode, we attempt to discuss the following:
- Big Finish audio dramas – Kate Stewart and Unit
- Marvel creating all-female Avengers Team: A-Force
- Josh Whedon may be done with Marvel – a clarification
- The Walking Dead Premiere (SPOILERS)
- Billy Dee Williams may be in the new Star Wars
- Disney announces Star Wars Cruises
- Spider-man to appear in Marvel Films
- New Daredevil Trailer on Netflix (see below)
- Minions Trailer (see below)
- Mel Brooks talks about SpaceBalls sequel
- Chappie Trailer (see below) – keep an eye on Facebook for Advance Screening Passes!
- Superman’s New Super Power: Super Flare
- Kanye West disrupting the Grammys (ugh, we talked about Kanye again.)
- Poltergeist Trailer (see below)
- Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch origins revealed in new Prelude Comic
- Luke Mitchell to join Agents of SHIELD
- Milo Ventimiglia to join cast of Gotham
- Jurassic World Trailer (see below)
- Chris Pratt and Chris Evans visit Boston Charity
- Lego 50 Shades of Bricks Trailer (see below) and Doctor Who Legos announced
- Legendary French Artist Moebius passed away
- John Stewart announces he’s leaving The Daily Show
- Benedict Cumberbatch replaced on Lost City of Z
- Grandchildren of “Sound of Music” von Trapp Family form indie band
- Divergent series update by Veronica Roth
- Geek Gala tickets on sale on Friday the 13th! – special code: 13FRI
- Doctor Who: Lucky 13 caption contest winner announced!
Things to Note:
- We have no idea what horror film “No! Not Timmy!” comes from
- The Doctor Who: Lucky 13 episode will release at ConCarolinas – so in June. Not on a Tuesday.
- The Eric Roberts TV Movie was called To Heal a Nation and was released in 1988.
- The Disney movie Frozen is supposedly based on Hans Christian Anderson’s The Snow Queen, only many Japanese say it closely resembles the 1980s anime film Saint Seiya. (article here)
- We do not recommend any guests touch our mic. Yeti is expensive and Giddygeeker would not be giddy.
- John Dondero did NOT take home his penis-covered notes from the podcast. He left them right on the table.
- The opinions of John Dondero about Superman is not the opinions of the podcast or its affiliates. But it was pretty funny.
- In the original Poltergeist (1982), Carole Ann is played by Heather O’Rourke. We don’t why the new girl is named Madison.
- Hint: If you guest on our show – maybe Swedish Fish should not be your snack of choice. Just saying.
- John Dondero’s final words were “Oh I forgot . . .” and the rest of the sentence was “to turn on the mic” – it was a joke, obviously we didn’t forget. But I hate to leave you hanging mid-sentence.
Videos/Pictures To Prove Its Real!
Doctor Who: Lucky 13 Trailer
Jurassic World Trailer
Lego Fifty Shades of Bricks Trailer