Episode 140: News & Views with Chickspeare’s Andrea King
Chickspeare announced their Hop, Drop & Play: Shakespeare in a Day event for Saturday, April 22nd in celebration of The Bard’s Birthday.
Tickets on sale now at www.Chickspeare.com!
This Week’s Topics Include:
- Dancing with the Stars
- Frankie & Grace
- Schitt’s Creek
- The Walking Dead
- Anne (of Green Gables) Netflix Trailer
- Buffy/Angel leaving Netflix
- Doctor Who, all seasons streaming on BritBox
- First look at CW’s Black Lightening
- Game of Thrones promo
- New Warriors TV show gets full series order
- Nickelodeon reviving Invader Zim for TV movie
- Rainn Wilson to play Harry Mudd in Star Trek: Discovery
- Marvel and Netflix tease Defenders premiere date
- Ghost in the Shell
- Dune screenwriter news
- Joss Whedon to direct standalone Batgirl movie
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle
- Hugo Award finalists announced
- Tues, 4/11: Charlotte Geeks’ Book Club
- Thurs, 4/13: Rifftrax Samurai Cop
- Fri, 4/21: Charlotte Geeks’ Game Night
- Sat, 4/22: Hop, Drop & Play: Shakespeare in a Day
- Fri, 4/28: RavenCon
- UNCC Guild raise $500 at their Game Day
- Valentine Wolfe working on a new album
Chickspeare™ is an all-female Shakespeare Company that started performing shows in 1998 at (the now defunct) Johnson Beer Company in Charlotte, NC. While over the years they have become best known for their Shakespeare “abridging/fast-forwarding/rewinding” brewery shows, they have also produced numerous full-length productions including MacBeth, As You Like It, Twelfth Night, Julius Ceasar, and Winter’s Tale.
For more information, check out their website at www.chickspeare.com.
About Andrea King
(abridged version – go to show notes of episode 139 for more!) Andrea King is one part actor, one part director, and two parts craft beer. She has been a part of the Charlotte theatre scene since 2001 and since then she has had the good fortune of playing with many of the local theatre companies. Most recently, Andrea donned several wigs for Women Playing Hamlet with Donna Scott Productions.
Her first Chickspeare show was Twelfth Night over at Off-Tryon Theatre. Since then, she has been in two more productions of Twelfth Night, the latest one was also with Chickspeare at Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte. Some of Andrea’s favorite Shakespeare roles include Banqo, Laertes, Hotspur, Mercutio, Orsino, Sir Andrew, Dogberry and that one time she was pursued by a bear in A Winter’s Tale. Andrea has directed Romeo & Juliet: A Quickie and Comedy of Errors for Chickspeare.
Outside of the theatre world Andrea is a cat-and-dog mom, a desk-job worker, and an adult color-er with a full set of colored pencils.
Originally recorded 04/05/2017